- Raiders Expand Scholarship Program
- Raiders Banquet Closes the Book on 2016
- Fletcher, Nelson Get Top Honors at All-County Banquet
- Parkside Student Learning with the Raiders
- Raiders Announce 2017 Tryout Date
- Hall of Fame Profile – Greg Fictum
- Hall of Fame Profile – Fred Vondra
- Hall of Fame Profile – Connie Jorgenson
- Hall of Fame Profile – Arnie Garber
- Defensive Lineman Marvin McKee
Hall of Fame Profile – Greg Fictum
- Updated: October 21, 2016
Greg Fictum earned four letters playing football in college. He played his first year at the University of Wisconsin-Platteville before transferring to the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point. As a Pointer, Fictum started on the offensive line and handled the long-snapping duties.
Fictum earned two Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Association titles. The Pointers played to a co-national championship against Pacific Lutheran University when the two schools tied in the championship game, 16-16. However, Stevens Point later forfeited its entire 1987 schedule because of the use of an ineligible student-athlete.
Fictum had several free agent tryouts and was in camp with three different National Football League teams as an offensive lineman and long-snapper. Fictum played a year of football in Scotland, in addition to his time with the Racine Raiders.
Fictum spent 22 years with Raiders, earning multiple all All-American and All-League honors. He also won five national championships with the Raiders and was inducted into the American Football Association Semi-Pro Football Hall of Fame.
Fictum spent nine years as the head football coach at New Holstein High School, leading the team to six playoff appearances. Fictum also has college coaching experience. He’s coached at the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh and Lakeland University. Most recently, he’s coached for six years at Concordia University-Wisconsin.
Fictum still is a member of the Raiders, serving on the board of directors.