- Raiders Expand Scholarship Program
- Raiders Banquet Closes the Book on 2016
- Fletcher, Nelson Get Top Honors at All-County Banquet
- Parkside Student Learning with the Raiders
- Raiders Announce 2017 Tryout Date
- Hall of Fame Profile – Greg Fictum
- Hall of Fame Profile – Fred Vondra
- Hall of Fame Profile – Connie Jorgenson
- Hall of Fame Profile – Arnie Garber
- Defensive Lineman Marvin McKee
Raiders Make Their Mark on Racine’s 4th Fest Parade
- Updated: July 4, 2016
Last year, Racine Raiders tight end Chris Hicks brought a selfie stick to the 4th Fest Parade in Racine. It was a huge hit among the parade-goers and the players. Hicks again brought his selfie stick to the 2016 parade and proceeded to take nearly 700 photos of himself and other Raiders’ players with parade-goers.
In addition, the players came up with the idea to line up in the middle of the street during the parade and have Sam Nisler kick short field goals with some of the players acting as human goal posts. The activity was a hit with fans and even got all tens from a panel of judges along the route.
Of course, the Raiders’ float also featured a band. The Collection provided great entertainment along the entire route, and, when they wanted a break, audio clips of Raiders scoring plays from the team’s radio broadcast were played over the speakers.
We’ve posted some photos and videos below. You can see more by visiting the team’s Facebook page, Twitter feed, or YouTube. It was great to see all of our fans along the parade route, many with cowbells ringing! We’re proud to be “Your Hometown Team!”